Check out this simple but delicious pizza recipe with a Crafty Kimchi twist! Didn't know you could add kimchi to pizza did ya? It's gonna change your life...
Ingredients For Sauce
Strong bread flour x 500g Passata or small jar of tomato Olive oil x 1.5tbsp pasta sauce
Dried yeast x 1tsp
Salt x 1tsp
Water x 150ml (boiling)
Water x 150ml (cold)
Caster sugar x 1tsp
Crafty Kimchi x 100g
Grated cheese of your choice x 150g
Whatever else tickles ya fancy
On my pizza I've added chopped sundried tomatoes, capers and chopped cauliflower leaves (any greens are great). These cauliflower leaves were actually left over from our kimchi production!
1. In a large mixing bowl add your flour, yeast and sugar together. Then add 150 ml of boiling water to 150ml of cold water into a jug, this is a good temperature to activate the yeast.
2. Add the oil and salt to the warm water and then pour over the flour. Stir well with a spoon and then knead together until it forms a soft and slightly sticky dough. If it's too dry and a splash of cold water.
3. Dust flour over the work top and knead for 10 mins. Then place back in the mixing bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm spot for an hour or so to rise.
4. Heat the oven to 180°c. Once your dough has risen, knock it back by punching it a few times. Continue to knead for a few minutes until it's springy rather than sticky.
5. Now it's sauce time! Put your sauce in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste, adding herbs if you wish.
6. Divide the dough depending on if you prefer multiple mini pizzas or one large one. Shape into balls and using a rolling pin roll out nice and flat. Then spread your sauce over the top evenly. Add half of your cheese as well as your toppings but not your Crafty Kimchi.
7. Take your Crafty Kimchi and strain as much of the juice off, you can use a strainer or a fork to do so then add to the pizza. Bear in mind the more kimchi you add the slower and longer it must cook to avoid a soggy pizza.
8. Place your pizza onto some baking paper and carefully place in the oven. As my pizza had a lot of kimchi and toppings I cooked mine for about 40mins at 180°c. Your pizza may be slightly different so I suggest starting with 180°c for 20mins and check as you go along, increasing oven temp as needed.