Updated: May 21, 2020
This is one of our favourite recipes to make with fermented garlic. It's got a bit of everything, veggies, gooey cheese, creamy garlicy gorgeousness.
The fermented garlic lends a subtle burst of flavour that's so different to using fresh garlic. Plus this dish is so versatile you can have it as a dip with tortilla chips, a main with veggies or as a comforting snack with hot pitta bread.
If you just can't wait for your fermented garlic to be ready, we'll let you off for using fresh but make sure you try it with the fermented kind when it's done!
Ingredients - serves 4
Fermented garlic, crushed x 6 cloves
Globe artichokes, roughly chopped x 1 tin (400g)
Parmesan or grana padano, grated x 100g
Fresh spinach x 1 bag (200g)
Cream cheese x 200g
Sour cream x 200g
Mayonnaise x 1tbsp
Mozzarella, grated x 1 ball (125g, drained)
Black pepper x lots
Warmed pitta bread
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place spinach in a microwave-proof bowl, cover and wilt in the microwave for 2 minutes. Remove, uncover and if not wilted cook for longer. When wilted, leave aside to cool.
3. Once spinach has cooled use your hands to squeeze out as much excess water as you can.
4. Add the garlic, parmesan, mozzarella, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and pepper to a mixing bowl and combine well.
5. Add artichokes and spinach to the mix.
6. Spread evenly in an oven-proof dish and bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbly.